Monday, November 02, 2009

All Saint's Day Tradition

All Saint's Day is the day of the dead. This is the time when families gather together at cemeteries visiting their dead loved ones. Grave sites are decorated with flowers. These also includes lighting of candles and offering prayers, special foods and drinks.

Last night, I went to my boyfriend's house (again) and I witnessed their tradition which I never used to. It is called sangpit or the calling of the souls of their relatives or the souls from purgatory.

To know more about the tradition I witnessed last night, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
is a blogger/article writer, SEO, graphic designer, web researcher and virtual assistant.I'm practical, open-minded, and very outspoken. Liberated in thought, conservative in deed.