Monday, March 08, 2010

I Fell Inlove with Kalanggaman Island (2nd day)



As promised, here is my second post about my Malapascua trip. My aunt promised us to have island hopping. We woke up early in the morning, it was 7am and we fixed ourselves for the tour. We have our tour guide who is a friend of my other aunt. I really didn't know where Kalanggaman Island is located. I just thought that it is just a nearby island with 30 minutes travel. On the boat, my butt really got ache for sitting 3 hours. I never thought that it is located in Palompon, Leyte. I was really bored on the boat and just fell asleep.

We arrived at the island almost noon. Our tour guide cooked the food for us and we had a very nice lunch on the boat. What's exciting when we arrived there is that we were the only people in the island and it feels like we owned it. Because it was noon, maybe the personnel of the island went back to the mainland to have their lunch so we never made our payment for our stay.





Getting ready the camera before arriving on the island.



Kalanggaman Island is a public and small island owned by Palompon, Leyte. I was amazed by the wide sand each side of the island.









This island is so virgin. This is totally paradise. I love the natural environment of the island.











Are these pineapples hanging on the tree? Could somebody tell me?







A proof that the government of Leyte preserved the island.







Nice view, isn't it?







Survivors?







I really enjoy snorkeling...



While snorkeling, I saw fishes, bangus or milk fish, in that shallow water where I was swimming. The boat men only caught the fishes on that shallow water and they were busy cooking tinowa or tinola for our lunch. The island is very abundant with fishes. It is truly beautiful.

It was my first time on that peaceful little island. It was very long trip from Malapascua Island. It is a non-commercialized island and not very famous unlike Boracay. I prefer Kalanggaman island to have its natural environment. I really appreciate its natural beauty and I fell in love with it. I wish I could go back there.

Update: 1/22/11

Good thing my aunt called this morning and I've got the chance to ask her about the cost of the boat trip.  It's Php2,000 back and forth.  Have a nice trip to Kalanggaman Island. ^_^

9 comments:

  1. hala, ganahan lagi ko mo ari diri. 3 hours byahe padung Maya, 30 minutes Maya to Malapascua, tapos 3 hours napod padung Kalanggaman? asay mas duol kung sa Leyte manukad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! I really dunno if you are in Palompon, Leyte. But if you are from Bogo, Cebu, it's nearer said the fishermen. They were only using small banca just the two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello :) I saw your blog by googling for Kalanggaman to Malapascua. It seems that you are the one with the most information, however little regarding going to Kalanggaman from Malapascua.

    May I ask how much is the boat trip from Malapascua to Kalanggaman? And other details you might be able to provide regarding the trip :)

    thank you and more power to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @DK: thanks for visiting my blog. I am afraid that I cannot answer your question right now regarding the cost of the boat trip. My aunt never told us how much. Since it is for the benefit of my readers like you, I will ask her if she has the time to call for a long distance. ^________^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone!

    I have a new update on this post regarding the cost of the trip.

    Thanks much,

    Rox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. Thank you for sharing. Been wanting to go this island but just havent had the chance. Can you give me the contact number of the boat your rented to go there? Would really appreciate it. Planning on going this May.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mustachio!

    I don't have the contact number but you can ask anyone there since most of the people or boat owners will really offer to visitors or foreigners about island hopping especially going to Kalanggaman island.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
is a blogger/article writer, SEO, graphic designer, web researcher and virtual assistant.I'm practical, open-minded, and very outspoken. Liberated in thought, conservative in deed.