Monday, July 04, 2011

NBI Clearance Renewal in Talisay City, Cebu

Last June 28, 2011, I woke up at 8 in the morning and fixed myself to go to the city.  Before I went to Cebu City, I dropped at Robinson's Market in Talisay City for my NBI Clearance renewal.  It is the same place where I also applied for LTO driver's license - student permit.

I arrived at the NBI's premises sometime at 10 in the morning.  I was relieved to see that it was not really crowded.  It's an advantage for the people living in Cebu South.  It's a 45-minute ride from Naga to Talisay.  The cut-off time in the morning is at 11 and in the afternoon is at 5.  The NBI Renewal Kiosk opens from 8 AM to 5 PM.

It's my first time to renew my NBI clearance because I lost my very first clearance in 2006 so I had to go back to the main office of NBI near Capitol area.  I really appreciate the kiosk because it's less hassle.  It was funny that my previous clearance was still June 2008.  I used it when I worked at IT Park in May 2009.  After 3 years, June 2011, now it's renewed.  From orange which is for local employment, now it's green because I have a plan to get a passport for traveling abroad.

TIPS ON TAKING CARE OF YOUR NBI CLEARANCE

  1. Do not fold your personal copy.  There's a bar code in the lower right which is to be scanned by NBI personnel to renew it.
  2. Keep your personal copy in a brown envelope, not in plastic envelope or folder. The bar code gets shiny because of the friction between the plastic and the paper.  It turns out that the bar code can't be scanned.  It would be a waste of time going back to the main office of NBI when you already have your own copy.
What's your experience by the time you renewed your NBI Clearance? Share some tips.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Is it true that there isn't any NBI kiosk in Talisay already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cleomenes: yes, there is an NBI kiosk in Talisay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sure is this? please i really need to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Frederick! it is best to go to the main office of NBI Clearance. I haven't seen the office in Talisay tsk tsk tsk :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
is a blogger/article writer, SEO, graphic designer, web researcher and virtual assistant.I'm practical, open-minded, and very outspoken. Liberated in thought, conservative in deed.