Tuesday, October 05, 2010

How To Change The Language Settings From Filipino To English in Google Chrome

Last Saturday, I downloaded Google Chrome to be my official browser on my net book. After it was installed I realized that the official language used in my Google Chrome is in Tagalog or the official language of the Philippines, Filipino. It doesn't mean that I don't love my own language but honestly, it was kind of annoying when the Tagalog words were popping up on my screen. Tagalog is not my first language for I speak Cebuano and it's rare for me to speak the official language.

I have no problem with Filipino but I admit I can't understand some of the words because it's really hard to comprehend specifically on computer terms. I say it's too wordy if converted to Filipino and I am too lazy to read Filipino in computer terms.

A friend of mine, Rachellyn, replied at my status and she gave me a step by step process on how to change the language settings.

-click settings (the wrench icon located right under the close button)
-choose the 'mga pagpipilian' or options
-a google chrome option window will appear ('google chrome mga pagpipilian' window)
-go to the 'sa ilalim ng hood' tab
-scroll down and look for 'nilalaman ng web'
-there you should find 'baguhin ang mga setting ng font at wika'
-a 'mga font at wika' window will appear
-go to 'mga wika' tab
-then you should be able to find 'mga setting ng mga wika at spell checker'
-select the language you want to be default for your google chrome or click 'Ingles (Estados Unidos) for English
-click 'Ipakita ang Google Chrome sa wikang ito' and close all windows of Google Chrome to RESTART.


That's it, now my problem is now solved.

Updated: 5/18/2011

12 comments:

  1. Hello..I'm from Pinas.
    I was able to install my google chrome with the Filipino language as default. The problem is, I am having trouble reading Filipino language. So, I would like to change it in English.

    I have followed your steps but I encountered missing tabs. I can't find "wika ng google chrome" ...
    so I can't continue..

    please help.

    thanks,
    aiai*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear,

    It's already updated. Check the steps and try again. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUI. Thanks for posting this.

    I decided to use google chrome for blogging kai mura nndut pa ba. ma upload jud ako mga pics d2. then, since d kau ko ksabot tagalog, wa ko kbaw unsaon. so thanks jud kau. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Christin: Hehehe! no Problem. ako jud ni xa gepost ke naproblema sad ko ani sauna. Daghan jud ani nangeta unsaon. Maayo nuon it helped you. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rox!

    I just installed the new google chrome, nbuang pud q kadyot how to make it in english. Glad you shared how to do it!:) I just successfully change it now...thnks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi XyzaK! maayo nuon this blog post helped you. :D

      Delete
  6. wala lagi "mga pagpipilian" na tab? unsaon pagchange? heeeelp..

    ReplyDelete
  7. why cant I change mine :o?? I followed your step do the the twist and turns but it wont just budge away X) I can't change mine even though I followed the damn step, is it a virus or something?

    ReplyDelete
  8. walang mga pagpipilian button dre!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems that Google chrome is always changing. tsk tsk tsk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
is a blogger/article writer, SEO, graphic designer, web researcher and virtual assistant.I'm practical, open-minded, and very outspoken. Liberated in thought, conservative in deed.