Thursday, January 24, 2013

Passport Processing in DFA Cebu

Last Monday, I went to Department of Foreign Affairs at Pacific Mall in Mandaue City. I arrived there beyond 8AM because I thought that there were only few people after the Sinulog festival but still there were a lot. I arrived there and received no priority number.

My first time there was totally epic fail. I went back on my way, passed Cebu City Health and realized that I should get my local birth certificate although I already had my copy of NSO birth certificate. I just made sure that if ever my NSO will get rejected, the local BC will save my @$$. So then I got mine, after that I went to Sto. NiƱo and lastly, went to the bank to pay my credit card bill.

The next day, I decided to wake up early at 3AM. I needed to be there before 6AM because of the priority number. My boyfriend accompanied me. So as a first time applicant, here are some of the requirements I brought with me:


  • NSO Birth Certficate
  • Local Birth Certficate
  • Transcription of Records
  • Driver's License
  • TIN Card
  • Voter's Certificate


For a detailed list of requirements, check here.
For the list of acceptable ID's and supporting documents, check here.

I was right, my NSO BC got rejected because the data inputs were not that clear so you really need a local BC. They say that NSO BC and at least 2 government ID's were enough as requirements. But the more requirements you will have to submit, the better.

My priority number was 180 and told me to be back at 11AM. We had our breakfast at Jollibee, just killing time and roamed around the mall. I brought my netbook with me but never got the chance to work although I saw Coffee Dream for a free Wi-Fi (only if you bought something there). We just busied ourselves chatting, munching potato fries and sipping buko shake.

It was quarter to 2PM I lined for the processing of passport. They checked my requirements and asked me if I go for regular or express. I chose regular for P950 since I am not in a hurry and the express is for P1,200.

Everything went smoothly, I paid P950 waited my name to be called, ID capture, checked the printed data if it's correct, got my receipt with a note that states I'll be back on February 27, 2013 to claim my passport. Yay!

Well, I am very excited which country to go to but I need to save money for travel. *_*

So what's your experience with the processing of your passport?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
is a blogger/article writer, SEO, graphic designer, web researcher and virtual assistant.I'm practical, open-minded, and very outspoken. Liberated in thought, conservative in deed.