Friday, October 02, 2009

How To Get A Job

During my second year college, I had a part-time job in a fast-food chain. The reason I took part-time is because I want to gain working experience. Fast-food chains are the stepping stone to find greater opportunities in the future after graduation. There is advantage on having a part-time even though you are undergraduate or stopped college for financial reason.

Like me, I stopped college on my third year level because of money. I only had six months on my previous working experience. I searched through MyNimo, Jobstreet and any sites you can find on the net. For those who are living in Cebu you can have Cebu Jobs. Any sites you can add on my list?

You can try hunting works on malls. I've tried this when it happened I strolled at SM-Cebu on one of their sports boutiques with their post hiring for a sales staff. You can also try calling your friends, relatives and acquaintances if they can recommend you for openings and this commonly called as employee referrals. It also happened to me and a schoolmate from high school suggested to apply on this BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) company.

You have to be confident. This is the most important thing in looking for a job. You must assure that you fit for the position.

Prepare your resume. List all your skills in your resume and any working experiences if you have.

Search about the company. This is also important if this is your prospective company. Memorize the mission-vision, if possible and what does the company do.

Prepare your answers for the possible questions. You can practice it in front of the mirror so that you can see your reflection as the interviewer.

Any additional tips? Feel free to post. Thanks. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
is a blogger/article writer, SEO, graphic designer, web researcher and virtual assistant.I'm practical, open-minded, and very outspoken. Liberated in thought, conservative in deed.