Monday, February 06, 2012

Earthquake Here in Cebu

So today, I am really busy doing stuffs online.  I am having a headache right now because I am used to wake up at 11 o'clock in the morning but there were customers waiting for me for their resume as early as nine.  I am working home-based for Fotografi Rox.

Still I am in front of my computer.  At almost 12 noon, my sister was watching Showtime.  While working for my online job, my computer was shaking.  My sister and I both shouted, "Nag linog! (It's shaking!)" I was going to post a status on Facebook but it went black out.  While it was shaking for few minutes, I didn't manage to get out because I was protecting the computer not to fell down.

I also grabbed my cellphone and called my boyfriend because he wasn't at home.  His phone could not be reached.  I had the time talking to him in the afternoon.  He even told me that he was biking from Bulacao to Lapu-Lapu (going to work) but he didn't feel anything. I called him again and he already felt the aftershocks.  I am just really worried.

After few minutes, electricity went back.  Facebook News Feeds were all about the earthquake.  Of course, we also turned on the TV or radio for the news.

The aftershock happened on these (estimated/accurate) time:

  • 2nd: Before 2:00 PM
  • 3rd: 6:10 PM
  • 4th-6th: aftershocks between 7:34 PM to 8:00 PM, small gaps each.
I didn't feel the 6th time because I was standing. I didn't panic but I am scared.  Scared because I still have plans to get married and have children in the future. I was like, "Is this really the end of the world? Please don't let it happen Lord!"

Right now, my head is still aching.  I wonder if I have to continue my online job right now.  I want to sleep but I have to be awake.  I already told some of my clients about the earthquake happening here in Cebu.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
is a blogger/article writer, SEO, graphic designer, web researcher and virtual assistant.I'm practical, open-minded, and very outspoken. Liberated in thought, conservative in deed.